And it’s full moon tonight. I looked up and saw this view in the sky. What a beautiful sight!
I’m always been a dreamer and tonight this part of me is even stronger. I always believe in dreams and I like wishing on a star or upon a rainbow and oH on a full moon too! It may sound illogical to some but don’t get me wrong, it’s just that somehow I believe that wishing while looking up there at something increases the chances to having a dream come true.
Yes, I pray and I do it a lot but I also take the chance of wishing upon a falling star or on a full moon (while you can hardly find one these days with all the tall houses and buildings) if I get the opportunity to.
My childhood days are full of dreams and wishes. Some came true, some didn’t. The truth is I don’t totally rely it all on a falling star. But I still do it, (the wishing) because, it’s comforting and in some way it helps when you verbalize your dream, stare at something magnificent like a full moon, and let Him know of what truly your heart desires. (If He can create something that wondrous, He can grant one’s wishes too, even at that very moment, in an instant!)
Truly, what I believe in – is wishing, then planning and rolling my sleeve up to get that dream come true. And funny that I pretty accomplished most of the things I desired this way.
Wishing upon a star or on a full moon probably may not make one’s dream come true but you can still wish! I take the chance anyway, who knows it may be a sign that my wish will be granted. Who knows?!
Gillian is 2 years and 5 months old now. Anyone could clearly see where she got most of her looks. She’s got her papa’s beautiful eyes. And I think the smiles too. How I love staring at the same features of faces. Everywhere I look there’s that face!
I love looking at those pair of eyes! The same eyes I’ve gotten so in love with.
“They say she’s got her daddy’s eyes.
She hides’em well behind her momma’s smile.
They say she knows she’s beautiful….“
I’m hoping too well that she’ll get her papa’s charm too!
Today is my hubby’s birthday. And I am very grateful to have him as a partner and as a friend. I am thankful to his parents who brought him up to this world. I am glad to have known him and had become the other half of me.
The first time we met and the moment I looked into his eyes, right there and then, I knew that this man will play a big part in my life. You may call it destiny, but he is indeed “the one” for me.
I created this piece to keep reminding me of how happy and lucky I am to have found and love such a man.
Here are 1,000 different random reasons why I Love My Husband
- He is sweet. He likes saying “I love you” a lot. He likes hugging, kissing… He simply loves physical contact. I feel loved and wanted when he does this.
- He is strong. He can carry me in his arms around the house. Sometimes, I’m too lazy to get up and he would carry me. He likes doing it to me and says “I’m his other baby girl, just older and bigger.”
- He’s ticklish. I really enjoy when I do this to him. He’s like a child when he laughs while he wriggles with my tickles. Oh, it rhymes! You can poke him anywhere and he’ll bend. We enjoyed tickling each other.
- He can eat almost anything. I love to cook, and experiment,… okay, at times, but when I do, he’d say “it always tastes great!” Then we enjoy eating together. He’d compliment that when I’m the one who prepares the food it’s like real and the best meal. Then, I’m inspired to cook some more the next day.
- He is good-looking. Yes, he is handsome. If not for everyone, but for me he’s a big time good-looking, macho man. He’s the “papa P” of my life. I’ve seen men alright, but he’s the handsomest of them all!
- He washes the dishes. Yes, he does! Envy me.
- That smile on his face could launch a thousand ships! His smile is worth keeping plastered across his face, as often as possible. One main reason I’m attracted to him the first time I met him, is his wonderful, capturing smile.
- He has a childish humor. As much as I hate his childish humor, I also like it at the right moment. We do childish tricks to each other sometimes and it’s good to feel like a crazy innocent child again. I’m a child at heart but not as often as I am with him.
- He prepares meals. He cooks, yes. And I love him for this.
- He knows how to compromise. He’s not always right and so am I but he’s willing to negotiate over the things that we don’t agree about. (But I think, I always win. *wink) okay.. considering I’m reasonable enough.
- Those sleepy eyes and long eyelashes did the trick. He always has those lovely set of eyes which I call “bedroom eyes”. They always look sleepy and alluring. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of them the moment I see them. LoL
- He doesn’t sweat the small stuff. He doesn’t worry too much of about anything that’s not important and doesn’t concern him. I like his easy-going personality, a good balance with mine.
- He loves shopping with me. I know it’s common to men to get bored when their girls are shopping. Most of them just don’t like tagging along when women go around but he is super! He honestly likes going to the malls and shopping with me.
- He’s a provider. He’s indeed the man of the house who provides for his family. He just don’t sit around the whole day but does his share to earn a living.
- He empties the trash. Yes! Lucky me!
- He’s a cowboy. You can bring him anywhere and not say “it’s too hot here, too small, too itchy, too rough”. I like adventures and going to new places, and he likes going with me.
- He forgives easily. He doesn’t know how to hold a grudge. He can get over things so easily. If we do have a misunderstanding, he can make his white flag down first and easily make amends.
- He can easily be pleased. At least, I know he can easily be appeased by me. I have this power over him
- He loves to eat. I like it that he’s not picky and really like tasting different and new dishes. I don’t want to be with a man who doesn’t want to eat something because he’s always on a diet or he just doesn’t eat “that kind of stuff.”
- He’s tall. I think he’s 10″ taller than me. He’s super masculine for me. And besides, I like to stare up and tip toe!
- He can work with his hands. My man and I created our own home. Literally, we built our little house together (with a little help from a couple of contractors) and we also painted the whole house ourselves. He hasn’t known how to put up a ceiling until he did one. He’s just not afraid to get dirty.
- He knows how to clean the house. He’s tidy and industrious indeed. He helps around the house and keeps it clean.
- Did I mention he’s tidy? He’s organized. He always wants his stuff in proper place and order. I, on the other hand can extend the closet to the bedroom floor. (Perfect match and balance indeed!)
- He loves beaching with me. I do love going to the beach and have some sea and sunbathing. My perfect unwinding getaway! And he always goes with me.
- He’s a master diaper changer. Some males just don’t know how to do this and he got this amazing fatherly skill.
- He plays with our daughter. She enjoys playing with him and I love looking at them having fun together.
- He loves to sing. And I love listening to him singing. I like his manly voice. There are times that he mumbles the lyrics and replaces them with other words but I just like the way he does it. I thought it’s funny and creative. LoL
- He does laundry. He knows how to wash his clothes with his bare hands. We do our own laundry and sometimes he washes them all.
- He gets along well with my parents. One great character that I like about hubby is he’s amiable. He is a likable person. He adjusts well with people.
- He’s all muscles. I adore his body and those hard muscles turn me on. I like squeezing them and I love the fact that he likes his body too.
There are still a lot on my mind, including the ones that are only privately between us, now, I must remember to jot them down whenever I have time and I believe over time I can come up with 1,000 or 100,000 or even 1,000,000 different reasons to love about my husband. He may not be the same with everyone as the way he treats me but these qualities make me more grateful to have this man by my side and have him to enjoy and share family life with.
Yes, my man is not perfect, nobody is. He has his share of human defects too. And I know that there’ll be ups and downs in our relationship. I’d just like a piece where I can go back and read through during any tough times in our life and be able to remember why I love my husband, why I fell in love with him in the first place, and why I should continue to stand up for and stand by him.
And one more thing, I just like to show off my man!
Having a flexible job enables me to spend priceless time with her. It may not buy us all the best material things in the world but it sure buys me more time to enjoy the most and the best moments of life with her. I just love watching her grow and learn everyday and being there every step of the way. Loving the simple life and enjoying family life!
Today my baby girl just turned 2 years and 2 months old. She’s getting bigger and bigger each day. Sometimes she’s so lovely then the next she’s throwing tantrums. At times, she cries all out if she doesn’t get her way. Also, there are times when she is too difficult to console. It may be frustrating and irritating when she does this but along the way I have learned to understand her more. I learned that when she’s upset she may cry but she can also be easily distracted. When she wants something that can’t be and cried, I just make her laugh and most of the time it stops her crying. I encourage her more to say her feelings rather than express it through crying.
By encouraging her to talk and acknowledging her feelings, I noticed that now she understands more why there are things that can’t be done and said. We still may be having some struggles but at least she knows how to obey some rules now.
My baby, at her age, really loves singing, when she hears any music on the radio or on TV that’s familiar to her; she’ll sing-a-long with it. She likes dancing too, perhaps had learnt some moves from her mom. LoL Yes, I love dancing to the music though my moves are offbeat.
Baby girl and I are learning together everyday. Her to be a good girl and I to be a responsible mom. Though we have some challenges, I love every moment of the time that I am spending with her.
Here’s a cheer to my lovely daughter!
I am always excited during Holiday season, most especially about the New Year. There is just something on it that I feel so enthusiastic and hopeful about. Perhaps because another year would start and the old year be gone. I have a lot of things to be thankful during this year.
My family has received so many blessings this year and also had experienced a handful of tribulations. Hubby had lost his job, we moved to another city, built a new small house, met new friends and relatives, and switched jobs again. It’s all like a trial and error in every step we took. It had no guarantee if any would work out fine. But it did, we had overcome the problems and tests of life together, as family. I’m glad that our decisions worked out okay (nothing in this world is perfect anyway).
I am indeed grateful for everything that had happened this year. Our daughter is two years old now. She is the most precious blessing we’ve ever received. All those decisions were made with careful considerations of her welfare. She is healthier in the new place and more cheerful too with her new little friends and our families.
Hmmm, the smell of fresh hope, more blessings and more fulfilled dreams are in the air. And I really like smelling it.
Two more days to go and I’ll officially survive the year 2012. Yay!
Let’s All Celebrate The New Year!
On December 7th was my daughter’s 2nd birthday. The family celebrated it on December 9th because it was Sunday. No work, no school and everybody is available. It was a special day especially for us (hubby and I). It was fun, exciting and tiring at the same time. Hubby and I did the shopping and mom helped in preparing the food. I am thankful for relatives and friends who came to celebrate. I am also grateful to our families across other cities and abroad which in one way or another have extended their blessings and greetings.
I was overwhelmed because last year Gillian was so young and now she’s impossibly two and had gotten so big. She was so amazing this entire year. She had learned a lot of things and made us also realized and learned so much about responsibilities. We made small and big decisions which greatly consider her welfare. We moved to a new place, built a home, switched jobs and started a fresh life. I am so proud of her for being simply amiable and I can’t ever imagine being apart from her for even a moment anymore.
We did a small party where neighbors and families enjoy the party foods and the chats. I believe that Gillian was aware that it’s her party but she was awed by different and new faces. I just realized when I looked at the pictures that she hasn’t really smiled on any of it. But I knew she really enjoyed all the colorful balloons and had loved playing with other little kids.
Surely, will be counting and cherishing the days and months ’till her next birthday!
We love you baby Gillian! ♥ ❤ ♥
Finally, we have our own place and I’m taking photos of every corner of the house with our silly poses!
You know what we are really proud of? We are not renting anymore nor living in with our parents. This home though tiny is our very own. We built it with our own sweat and funds. With some help from my family and a couple of contractors, we were able to build it in three weeks, in time to move in our stuff. Hubby and I did most of the painting work. I picked out the colors; I especially like the room to be bright and lively. It’s like a one bedroom apartment with living room, a relatively small space. Yes, it’s not much but it’s comfortable and we call it “our home”.
Who knows, someday we may build a mansion for our family!? – a big enough space for our growing household accessories and appliances. Perhaps for a growing family too! LoL! You know, I’m always holding on to HOPE, even just for a tiny possibility.
For some, it may be bragging, for us “it’s inspiring“!